Posted by Tristie | Posted in 7 Miracles of Christ-Living Water | Posted on 01-10-2013
FOR THOSE OF YOU TODAY ON AUGUST 4, 2011…..(all 108 of you right now from 14 countries!) still growing through this bible study of JOHN, here is a spiritual VITAMIN for the DAY!
BLESSINGS ON YOU! TRISTIE
As I studied the 7 miracles of CHRIST, I was amazed at many things. The greatest sentence I read was that “miracles are intended to “ENGENDER BELIEF” (T. Nelson NKJB)!***Doesn’t it fit with the FACT that the word “BELIEVE” (in the Greek “pisteuo”) occurs 90 times in this Gospel?!
I. DEFINE MIRACLE -My personal definition of “miracle” is an act Jesus Christ performed while on earth to confirm his Diety. (In the Greek, the word is translated “signs” or “semeion” or “semeia”). ****In addition, the apostles performed “signs” to attest to their divine callings (or authority) from God. If a typical definition of a miracle is the supernatural power of God (think parting of the Red Sea or the raising of Lazarus) entering the natural world of mankind, then I am led to believe most miracles, OF THIS NATURE, have ceased.
***YET, can miracles happen today? YES. HE IS GOD UNHINDERED BY ANYTHING! Generally, I think in these cases, these are a specific work of a personal God in performing something HE has already promised in Scripture. (See Hebrews 2:4)
II. JESUS IN ACTION!
I love that in every miracle HE IS IN ACTION!
- TURNING WATER TO WINE
- HEALING THE OFFICIAL’S SON
- HEALING THE LAME MAN
- FEEDING THE 5,000
- WALKING ON WATER
- HEALING THE BLIND MAN
- RAISING LAZARUS FROM THE DEAD
III. HERE ARE THE 7 MIRACLES AND THE LESSONS WE CAN LEARN
- Miracle #1 Ch.2:1-11 Turning Water to Wine-Jesus’ power over natural objects-He is Creator.
- MIRACLE #2. Ch. 4:46-54 Healing the Official’s Son-Jesus’ power over death (and the fact the boy from a distance!) show He is not contained by space.
- Miracle #3Ch.5:8 Healing the Lame Man (on the Sabbath!). Our lessons here are “Jesus is LORD over the Sabbath”, that He can heal, and that we are to rejoice in His healing!
- Miracle #4Ch.6:1-15 Feeding the 5,000! The truth to learn here is only GOD can create. I always love to imagine the little boy who shared his lunch…he must have been proud that Master Jesus used his little gift to feed thousands!
- Miracle#5 Ch. 6:16-21 Jesus walking on the water must have shocked the disciples. Lesson here? He has complete control over nature….and consequently, my life!
- Miracle#6 Ch.9:38 A man, blind, ALL his life and Jesus gives him the glorious gift of sight. Perhaps the first face he saw was Christ’s! I love the man’s defense of Jesus and the way He worshipped Him.
- Miracle #7Ch. 11:1-25 Raising of Lazarus. Unquestionably, my favorite miracle of all time! The final miracle proves HIS power to raise the dead and that He will raise us someday too because we “have believed in Him WHOM He has sent”!
TRULY, HE CAN HANDLE OUR LIFE!
Tristie Fisher, July 2010, “Living Water for a Thirsty Soul”