HAPPY SPRING! Brian and I just returned from a trip to Washington, D.C. to celebrate 15 YEARS OF MARRIAGE!
- We were excited because we love learning trips!
- With beautiful weather surrounding us, we loved this city! We visited majestic monuments, glorious art museums, ethnic restaurants, and met so many wonderful people. We enjoyed a tour of the House from our Representative and got to watch a live debate on the floor.
- It seemed to us the pervading feeling was one of HUMILITY & THANKFULNESS. When you walk through Arlington, see the Vietnam Wall, or look at the words that set us FREE you are overwhelmed that SOMEONE sacrificed his or her life SO YOU COULD SEE ALL THIS! Whether the Revolutionary War (which grew a nation!) or more recent wars, this experience GROWS your heart.
- We walked away with inspired hearts and renewed focus to pray fervently for the most wonderful country in the world. It’s an HONOR to be an American-reaping the benefits of thousands who have gone before.
As always, we love books to read to learn about our country. Here’s a quick “MUST READ” List!
- 1776 by David McCullough
- John Adams by David McCullough
- The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt by Pulitzer Prize winner, Edmund Morris
- The First American: Benjamin Franklin by H.D. Brands
May you be blessed today in a free country and worshipping JESUS who has set us “free”!