One of the greatest gifts God has given us is vision for the future. Call it dreaming, hoping, or planning-it’s that powerful sense that says,”There is more.” Joshua was a faithful visionary-acutely aware of his need for strength to fulfill his calling. The weight of his task heightened his dependence on God. Fall is here: What’s your vision for yourself, your family, your church, or your business? It will require actively facing forward, not dwelling on the past, & leaning into God’s strength. The God of history has a plan for your future. Photo Cred: @micmccreary Man with a vision: @benbfisher20
#joshua1 #hope #dream #calling #vision #bible #faithful #facefront #eyesup
“If life gives you lemons, make lemonade!” I know, it sounds like an “old school phrase”. It is and yet, it’s still relevant. Sound dumb? Sound too Pollyanna? Not realistic? Maybe. There will be sour trials that seem to squeeze the juice out of us. Fighting a health issue? The sharp zing of a breakup? In the middle of a bitter job situation? What do we do about this stuff? My husband, Brian, has observed, “Almost every older person we know is one of two things-bitter or joyful.” How can we sweeten up?
- Take Responsibility – We like to blame others for things that happen-we even blame God. The fact is, we are following Jesus. He chose to give up His rights. We are responsible for our thoughts & our responses.
- Choose to Trust God – What would happen if we chose to believe that God has allowed circumstances in our lives to HELP us? We must keep the goodness of God at the forefront of our minds.
- Realize Every Choice Matters – Extreme, but true. We are building our lives right now & every single discipline we implement takes us toward God or away from Him. True gratitude is never accidental. It will not just happen. Want to be joyful at 50? Want to be thankful at 70? We need to have disciplined responses of gratitude NOW.
- KNOW that Jesus Gives us Strength – He’s given you the power to choose and the strength to ask Him for help! Have you invited Christ into your life? He lives in you! He is giving you the ability to respond joyfully in difficult and frustrating circumstances. Experience His strength by asking Him to fill you.
- In the midst of a cynical world, our most penetrating witness can be our JOY. Lemons are sour without sugar. With sugar? Delightful! Ask God today to help you counter the world’s bitterness with the sweetness of Christ!
How about a new strategy?
COME TO JESUS. BE A VESSEL.
Ask forgiveness. Be wise dealing with temptation.
Yet, know that Jesus has more than just this!
I Timothy 2:20-21 “Now in a large house, there are not only GOLD and silver vessels, but also vessels of wood and earthenware, and some to honor and some to dishonor. Therefore, if any man cleanses himself from these things, he will be a vessel for HONOR, sanctified, USEFUL to the Master, prepared for every good work.”
This text teaches us to cleanse ourselves and pursue God. He alone has power to cultivate these qualities in us!
We can be gold vessels because we are Christ’s. We can be vessels of honor because He gives us Himself. We can be useful because He gives us lives of purpose.
IT’S THE HANDS THAT HOLD THE VESSEL THAT MAKE IT SPECIAL!
So it is with us.
JESUS ALWAYS GIVES US SURPASSING VALUE.